Sunday, January 13, 2013

20-week ultrasound

On Monday I had my 20-week ultrasound.  Sadly I had to go alone because Jason and Truman had been projectile vomitting over the weekend (super fun).  Truman's sex was a surprise, but we decided to find out this time.  The ultrasound tech took forever measuring my fluid, my ovaries, and my placenta . . . and I wanted to growl out her, "Let's look at the baby already!"  Finally we got to the good parts, little clenched fists, little feet dancing on my cervix, a fast and steady heartbeat.  And then the undeniable fact that this baby is a boy

Brothers. 

I spent a few minutes in the quiet ultrasound room mourning the fact that there would be no girls in our family.  And I wondered if the tech noticed.

And then I smiled when I imagined brothers.  Wrestling.  Tearing apart my house.  Eating on my good couch.  Sharing a room. 

Half-way home, little gecko.  We can't wait to meet you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment