Monday, August 13, 2012

A walk in the woods


Jason has been painting a neighbor's house this summer, so Truman and I have ended up with a lot of one on one time during the weekends. This Sunday we skipped church to take a walk in the woods. He kept handing me his sticks to carry, and by the end of the walk I had enough wood to build a fire. I figured he forgot about the sticks when we discovered a tree to climb on, but oh no, when we got back to the car he could not believe I had left his sticks behind.

Toddlers are so funny. So sweet. So fickle. So demanding.

Our favorite Truism right now is the, I WILL DO IT MYSELF followed by HEEEELP ME.

My other favorite Truism is hard to capture in writing, but essentially Truman will say something like, "I need cereal!" and I will respond, "How do you ask nicely?" And instead of saying please, he will use a tiny voice to say, "I need cereal." So precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment