This is a list of things I said—Pre-Truman—that I would never do as a parent.
· I will never let my child eat in the car
· I will never change a diaper in a public place
· I won’t let my child play on the floor of a restaurant
· No weapons!
· On commuter ferries, I won’t let my child run and scream
· I will never open up a snack food in the grocery store to pacify my child and then hand the clerk an empty wrapper
This list makes me laugh and humbles me because clearly I had no idea what I was talking about. Things change when you have a squirming, crying little one in your life.